Its New Year's Day and food, especially rich food, doesn't seem very interesting. This year I'm going to perfect some culinary skills especially those related to certain foods.
First on the list, vegetables. And so, I've got a big squash baking in the oven. I ought to be able to eat it for 2 or 3 meals. It has been waiting in the cupboard ever since one of the last Farmer's Markets in October. Wish I knew that name of it as it is unusual looking - even ugly. I used this website to search for it:
http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/squash.asp
I've narrowed it down to a green hubbard, a sibley, or a true green hubbard.
A few weeks ago I baked another variety. I think it was either a Carnival or Sweet Dumpling sq
uash. It was meaty and sweet and better than this one which seemed more watery. My reading says that it is closer in texture to a sweet potato, a vegetable I really enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment